Strive 4 Success
S4S 3rd/4th grade Application
S4S 5th/6th grade Application
The Strive 4 Success Program (S4S) provides academic coaching to students in third through sixth grade, at no cost to their parent/guardian. Students in the Ashtabula Area City Schools are eligible to participate. Transportation home is available through Sunset Transportation, if needed.
After School Discovery’s Strive 4 Success at SUPERIOR is:
· Held at Superior Intermediate School immediately after school for 3rd and 4th graders
· Mondays and Wednesdays only
· 3rd graders will have an hour of keyboarding and an hour of Enrichment each week
· 4th graders will have two hours of enrichment each week.
After School Discovery’s Strive 4 Success at ERIE is:
· Held at Erie Intermediate School immediately after school for 5th and 6th graders
· Tuesdays and Thursdays only
· 5th & 6th graders will have an hour of enrichment and an hour of Career Cluster Club each week.
After School Discovery’s Strive 4 Success at both sites:
· Children will be dismissed from their school day to Strive 4 Success staff and given a snack.
· Dismissed at 6:30 pm to parents or transportation bus home.
· Fall session October 3rd to December 1st
· Winter/Spring session February 6th to April 26th
· Transportation home available through Sunset Transportation at no cost to families
· Each day children will receive 1 hour of focused academic coaching and support in reading and mathematics.
· Homework Help time will be incorporated into their academic coaching times.
· Has NO charge to families for these extended learning opportunities.
· Registration packets are available from the school office, the ASD Business Office or on our website
www.afterschooldiscovery.com to fill in or print off
· Please Return the completed application to the school or the
ASD office at 70 Ross Road, Ashtabula.
After School Discovery is separate from Ashtabula Area City Schools and requires your child’s completed application form to participate.
An ASD representative will notify you when your child may begin attending.
If you have ANY questions about Strive 4 Success, please contact the After School Discovery business office at (440) 993-1060 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strive 4 Success Offers:
Activities that will strengthen your student's language arts and math skills
Students the ability to:
Set goals for themselves
Understand the use of information sources
Participate in hands-on activities
Utilize critical thinking as well as creative processes
Achieve their own personal goals